Skip to main content

Reply to "Do players recruit players into the portal"

@RJM posted:
I’m asking if coaches tell their players to tell another player if they go in the portal the coach will pick him up.

This was what was asked, I gave my answer.

This doesn't mean that inquires don't exist and coaches are all perfect,  but again, a coach can't tell a player to tell another player to go into the portal and coach will pick him up. It doesn't happen at the snap of a finger. There is a lot of discussion going on. There isn't always NIL $. One program may not be right for another.  This isn't like it used to be in summer ball. Remember, in most cases once any player enters portal he/she isn't enrolled at the school anymore. So you better know how it works and the rules.

What you all see happening should work both ways for coach and player and more prominent among other sports than baseball due to the nature of the beast.  For baseball coaches want to win and players want to get drafted and knowing that they can make more money in the draft being in a more high profile program is what they want. And many want better coaching.

I hear of lots of players that want to transfer because they just aren't happy not always for the $$$. Sometimes change is good.  But then you hear about a program throwing lots of NIL $ to players yet the team is struggling (all sports).

Coaches that really know what they are doing are giving their current guys incentives.

nycdad knows why I made my comment.