Skip to main content

Reply to "Do Scouts value HS baseball enough for a player to toil In a bad program"

Rob

Where shall I begin. I picked the school district to live in for academics.Had no kids at the time. Never giving sports a thought. How was I to know that I would have 3 sons who were athletes and sports was all they cared about being at a small D4 school. Fast forward. My oldest son did everything your son is currently doing. He did not play middle school baseball only travel ball. He was recruited to play high school ball by private catholic schools that were D1 some of the best in my state. His high school program was a joke IMO. He however did not want to leave to go to another program. He wanted to play with his high school friends for once. He had his private lessons, he had his travel team, he had invites  to all PG and many more. He wanted to prove if you are good enough you will be found from everything you participate in. He was right. He broke every record in high school which still stands today. He was the leader. He helped the kids, he even helped the coaches. He was a starter as a freshmen that pissed off many parents that were very verbal about it. He didn’t care. His CHARACTER is what he cared about as that’s what scouts want to see ( besides good grades and good act scores). They did show up to a few high school games believe it or not. He did get many D1 college offers. He did play in college and was drafted to MLB where he is today. Please implore your son to play high school baseball. He will be sending a huge red flag IMO if he doesn’t. Who does he think he is? Tell him to look at his baseball hero’s who played in MLB. They all played high school ball with the exception of international kids that come over in their teens. Good luck!!!

For the love of the game!!⚾️⚾️⚾️