Skip to main content

Reply to "Do Scouts value HS baseball enough for a player to toil In a bad program"

Good advice here.  My 2019 has experienced a number of challenges with HS ball and most likely will not receive a fair opportunity to play as he would in a different program.  The level of competition is generally acceptable and we play some quality opponents as our State goes - but there are other issues with our particular program.  I have often considered whether he should just let it go and focus on training and summer.  In some extreme circumstances, that may be best.  But our son decided that he will not let these issues deprive him of the HS baseball experience.  You only get 4 years LOL.  He decided to keep his head down, keep pushing, take advantage of whatever opportunity he is afforded (if any), and use it as an opportunity to at least practice and get sharp for summer ball.  I would err on the side of playing.  Maybe he could set some personal and team goals to try to keep his head in the game.  Best of luck!