Skip to main content

Reply to "Do Scouts value HS baseball enough for a player to toil In a bad program"

Buckeye 2015 posted:
3and2Fastball posted:

Factor in the time limitations of a teenager.  Instead of attending a 2 hour practice in the high school gym Monday-Friday a kid has that time to lift & get in homework and if you are a member of a Indoor Travel Ball facility like we are, time to get in individual BP, glove work, sprint work, etc...

If a HS kid has "time limitations" that make it tough to practice for 2 hours M-F he'd better figure it out if he has any thoughts of playing in college lol.   3 hour practices (minimum), lifting, study table for freshman........weekday game that means leaving school at 10am and getting back at 9pm.  Weekend trip that leaves Thursday afternoon or Friday morning and getting back Monday morning at 4am with class at 8.   And yes, there is still class and a lot more homework than HS to fit in.    

I definitely agree with that. My 2017 son had early early morning college practice this spring. He had to wake up at 4am to make it to the field by 430 am to start. Once finished had to get to 8 am classes. I have never heard or seen him more tired in his life. I have given my younger son the "this is nothing compared to college"  speech many times but as a parent that still has to drive a 15yo around it is nice to have some free time in my life as well.