Skip to main content

Reply to "Do Scouts value HS baseball enough for a player to toil In a bad program"

Ok, a few things.  As our season starts to wind down, it's be a real crap show.  Even so, I am still leaning play for HS.  But can perfectly understand why one would choose not to.  

Northern springs are always an issue.  But this spring was an aberration.  In the past we have had a few good days, followed by a few bad days, followed by a few good.  So the disruptions were minimal.  This season, it was weeks at a time.  So, like most it's at all games all the time as there are no open dates left.  Makes it difficult to practice and for guys to show what they got.  In our case, we are regressing.  I wouldn't use weather to make my decision.  

The facility thing is probably doable in a cheaper state like Wisconsin.  Here in IL, forget it.  A few have tried.  Ended up bankrupt.  Places are packed the winter.  Summer it's a ghost town, but the bills still need to be paid.  What they could potentially do however, is a HS field complex like Lakepoint.  4 HS sized field with turf and lights.  It would all schools to play even if it rained during the day.  We get knocked out by the 3:00 storm that rolls thru and it's perfect weather by 4:00.  But the field is too wet to play.