Skip to main content

Reply to "Do you keep the ball?"

It's such a rare occurrence with my son, I still drop the scorebook and try to retrieve a HR even in college (his last 2 before college were inside-the-park..hard to ask for those).  In 2017, one mom got one out of a tree that son hit against rival school. I always have a few bills ready for a ball-chaser if I need to "compensate." That coach described in OP was a jerk, especially with the cursing which accompanied.

Quick story: Son played in a mid-week nonconference game this year. I was ready to tell my wife that I got exercise walking from parking spot to field. As it turned out, I shagged the three HR balls (just a grass lawn behind) that were hit (none were son). The first one was hit by our senior captain (first ever in college). After game I gave the three of them their HR ball and each a program from game. None of their parents could attend and I knew it meant something to the players (esp. captain) if not moreso their parents, all of whom I knew. As for the exercise.. it's all good.