Skip to main content

Reply to "Do you keep the ball?"

I've posted this before, so if you've seen it... My apologies... 

When he was a kid, we kept a lot of them... I would take them home and dress them up a bit for keepsakes...

He's got a small bucket full of them... He emailed me this pic right before he left for college - out of the blue, and said "Thanks Dad, these are REALLY cool..." *snif*

IMG_20151213_182118_01

He hit one out of the old Dodger Stadium in Vero Beach with a Wood-Bat 2015 summer, and it was just sitting on top of this grass berm in Centerfield... I was looking at it the whole game - it was the only one out there, and it was 'talking' to me the whole night... In the top of the 7th, we were up a few, so I decided to make my way out there before the game was over... I walked from the LF pole to CF along the fence, then had to climb up the berm (it was pretty steep) to fetch it... Game over and I walk back, and it was perfect timing, because he was walking out at the same time... He asks, "Did you get the ball?" I said, "Yepper..." He shook his head, and smiled and I said "What?'"... "You crazy Papi..." We both laughed hard... Anyway, My birthday comes around in mid June and he gives me my gift... It's the ball with a great inscription on it...

Birthday-Ball-1
My birthday-ball with a great inscription on it... It's one of the greatest gifts anyone has ever given to me!!

So, YES, you keep the balls!!!