Skip to main content

Reply to "Do you really want an answer?"

lol...Had to chuckle at your examples, CD.

As an "oldster," what I have to guard against is reacting negatively to the new post that asks something that's been asked and answered a jillion times here over the last 10 years. After all, from a "newster's" perspective, it's a perfectly legitimate...and many times, important...inquiry.

While I think it's occasionally okay to nudge the OP in the direction of the "Search" button (particularly if it's a question about a specific college program), l think the better response is to (1) take a deep breath and (2) answer the question for the jillionth time.

People who are new to the high school game and the recruiting process need and deserve to always feel welcome here; just as we did a million years ago. Moreover, as they gain experience, their input is vitally important to the new ones who follow them.

However, just like we tired of parents on the sidelines who found "transparent surreptitious" ways of bringing the topic around to how great their sons are, I think it's perfectly appropriate to recognize the same inclination on here; addressing the more egregious examples when they come up.

(Query to Julie: How do I change my screen name to "Oldster Prepster" ...or maybe just "Oldster" for short?)  

Last edited by Prepster