Skip to main content

Reply to "Does anybody in here follow the 6th ranked crowder roughriders in Missouri ? Region 16"

I'm sure I was the only one who felt a bit under-informed by your question. However, now that I've looked up Crowder College and know that it's a junior college (Looks like a nice school.), I'll take a shot at addressing your question.

Whether "big time" or not, 4-year programs tend to know where the talented junior college players are. After all, the ones who are considered prospects were usually prospects in high school; so, recruiters tend to follow their performance once they begin playing JUCO ball.

This time of year, recruiters from 4-year programs have their hands pretty full coaching their own teams; but, that doesn't prevent them from phoning, texting, and emailing the JUCO players who are of interest to them.

It's also the case that the head coach at the better JUCO programs is usually pretty plugged into both the recruiting and scouting networks; knowing that most of his players aspire to go on to play at 4-year schools or in the professional ranks. Chances are good that Crowder's head coach speaks regularly with recruiters and scouts about his players.

I recognize that this reply is pretty general and basic; but, with no more information than you gave us (except that Crowder is ranked by someone as the 6th best team in the country), it's sort of difficult to know what information was of interest to you.