Skip to main content

Reply to "Does anyone use Twitter to boost your son's exposure?"

The object is to tag people//organizations in your twitter.  You would be surprised by how many D1, especially P5 coaches, are constantly on twitter.  I can guarantee you most D1 RC's follow Canes Baseball and some of the other accounts.  They also follow the major PBR, maybe not local PBR other than local D1's.  I have noticed how many follow PG and WWBA.  You can't tell me they are not looking when PG put something up this week.  I know one young man hit a walk-off homerun who was unsigned and his dad said his phone blew up afterwards.  It was put up by PG and retweeted by several organizations and leaders.  I have noticed how many times PG will retweet certain players when their parents post things and tag PG in them.  I think it is a tool to be used.  Lousylefty, if your son does not have the social media accounts he better get them before he is recruited.  My son was asked by everybody college and pro about his social media.  I had one scout tell me when I said my son did not use twitter that he believed every teenager had one of each either public or private.  If they put none, I assume they have one and just don't want me to see what they put out there.  Red Flag.