Skip to main content

Reply to "Does anyone use Twitter to boost your son's exposure?"

d-mac posted:
johnlanza posted:

Would you post any workout clips on Twitter? Maybe one day post some BP swings? And post some defensive work on another day?  Show the work ethic of the player who is trying to get some exposure?

Nope, it is all about measurables.  A video showing a kid throwing 90 or exit velo close to a 100 is going to get a lot of attention.  A video of a kid just working out is probably going to get passed over

I have to disagree based on our experience.  While it is about measurables, my son heard over and over again "Any kid that works this hard, we want to play at X".  My son was not a 95 mph pitcher, but the coaches that understood what he was doing and how he was doing it got it and saw that he could be.  Here is a link to his first post on flatground that has 23,500 views https://twitter.com/J_Sudds46/.../1093613269682597888

He posted updates inside the same thread and re-tweeted it to flatground and then once he had several schools following him, he started posting updates separately often tagging flatground