Skip to main content

Reply to "Does Baseball Need more Outward Emotion?"

Originally Posted by SluggerDad:
Originally Posted by miller3:

This sums up why it erks me... "What's wrong with all of you? Since when is winning not enough? Since when is playing hard not good enough? NO! You have to humiliate your opponent and taunt them. What gives you the right to take the game that I love with trash talk and taunting?" Enjoy... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEbi5GEmElY

A little extreme to compare the Cav's and Hawks and the emotional intensity of that game, with a bunch of trash-talking losers.   Did you actually watch Cav's vs Hawks game 3, to get what I (or actually my son)  was talking about in terms of emotional intensity?  We're talking cheap celebrations at all. 

You missed the whole point of the "Look at me!" and "I did that, that was all me!" mentality. Like my earlier post of James Hardin's "look at what I just did!" pitiful celebration after hitting a two pointer in the middle of the game. Disappointing and uncalled for at best. Had that been the game winning shot? Sure! Mix it up all you want. Until then, "Look at me! Look at what I just did! It's all about me! ME! ME! ME!" That's all these celebrations are about. Emotional intensity? More like emotional insecurity. I understand it's a dying mentality, but some people still feel T-E-A-M is pretty important concept.

Add: With all that being said, when will golfers start going all Happy Gilmore after a solid drive? Or doing the bull dance and feeling the flow after sinking a birdie putt on their 4th hole of the day? Does this mean they are lacking emotional intensity?

Last edited by miller3