Skip to main content

Reply to "Does Bush get to keep his Heisman ..."

Gotta agree with most everybody's thoughts about the USC mess...just isn't right that the current players get the shaft. Major loophole in the NCAA regs and enforcement.

In reality, the night USC beat OU I seriously doubt any team in the country could have beaten them, along with several pro teams. They were pretty much unstoppable that night. Auburn might have slowed them down just by keeping the ball away from them, but I don't thnk we would beaten USC that night. But had USC played us the days we beat Bama or Georgia that year, I seriously doubt USC stays on the field.

All that said, we don't want the BCS trophy except by winning it on the field (yeah, I know it may be the closest we get in while). We also don't want the current USC players penalized for the sins of their predecessors. Would rather keep things as they are than see the current team get nailed like this. Just wish the NCAA had a process for schools to recoup damages,etc. from former players that commit these offenses.

Sheesh, you would have thought Reggie would have been happy enough with Kim Kardashian. LOL.