Skip to main content

Reply to "Does the draft really get the best players?"

CADad,
Describe "best" laugh

I think you bring up a very good point but I think you know the answer by your comment.
quote:
You can say all you want about talent and projectability but I've got to wonder when the evidence is this overwhelming.
. In my opinion scouts normally tend to have tunnel vision and see past (or through) stats, W-L records, and such and don’t get overwhelmed with the “evidence” you provide. BUT...Then on the other side a player is “projected” by BA to be a high pick and he slides off the board because he has a bad season or his stats drop????? Projecting and drafting might be fun to talk about but we all know we will never understand the complete process. You mention signability ...a topic in itself! While I'm sure signability is an obstacle and prevents some players from being drafted, I think signability sometimes becomes a convenient scapegoat for the disillusioned parent and player.
Having said all that garbage, you can sit beside one scout get his opinion about a player, then turn around and ask the scout behind you and he will give you a different opinion...go figure. As we all know, scouting and drafting is not an exact science.
Fungo