Skip to main content

Reply to "Does the kid know more than me?"

In general those orgs exist to make money..last I checked they arent non profits....that said, my son  had experiences with both and they were positive

PBR: son attended a showcase annually beginning at 15.  Utilized profile in communication with coaches to illustrate verified velocity...also, as my son improved, pbr actually advocated for him...after a show case he was told by the state director to expect a call from a specific school..and they did within 24 hours.

Perfect Game: never attended a showcase (too much $$$) but attended wwba annually beginning at 15.  At his last tournament he had high visibility and was seen by countless coaches....some arranged  in advance, but the venue allowed for dozens of walk ups during his outing that led to opportunities, and ultimately led to his commitment

Prospect Camps - did several of those, but they never amounted to much....most were selected based on school interest and most were likely premature as he wasn't yet performing at a level that waranted him being there.....camps were the closest thing to a money grab - imo

Last edited by letsgo!!!