Skip to main content

Reply to "Don English Does It Again"

What does lethargic look like? Were they laying in the dugout, did they walk onto the field when on defense and not hustle out, did you hear someone snoring, were they texting their girlfriends in the stands or playing poker in the dugout before the first pitch was thrown? They were ready to play I can gaurantee it. I have often asked my son after a game, were you trying to get a hit did you swing hard? Unsuccessful attempt to the outsider often looks like lack of effort or lethargy? But I can assure you no player at this level would go to a game and not try or want to help his team. It is ludicrous to make statements that impune them in such a way. I saw pitches thrown out and up, and bunts popped up, and hard hits go right to a player, but in no way can you make statements like this and there be an ounce of truth in it. Wish you could of been at the extra inning games against FM and SLC, anything but lethargic. Isn't this great game about swinging with confidence pitching and hitting spots, etc... The pros even struggle and are only successful about 30% of the time. Give these great kids and coaches a break, and the old saying if you can't say something nice don't say it might apply here. The Grapevine team played impeccable baseball lastnight.