Skip to main content

Reply to "Don English Does It Again"

This is a great thread!!!

We have had several years of experience with Coach English and I have never run across a more incompetent, deceitful person in baseball then him. If you walk the same line(s) as him then everything is just wonderful; if you don't you are punished. I appreciate all of the God fearing quotes being tossed about - I too am of the persuasion. But when a man stoops so low as to call his professed feelings of God into action and then takes his feelings out on his ball players shame on him. This is a man who firmly believes that his way is the only way. His hypocrisy is amazing!

Now let's talk baseball skills - he has none. Okay, that is too severe. He does know how to write little notes to himself on his hands so he doesn't forget - "runner on 3rd, suicide squeeze". Obviously that's an exaggeration but still pretty close to the truth.

Now let's talk marketing skills. This he can do. He has a solid record of promoting programs and getting funding in line. He brought in a lot of money to the Cowboys program when he 1st arrived. But that job is done and he gets an A - not to discount all of the work that was done be everyone else who really brought the money in - I'm just trying to figure out how to give an attaboy to good 'ol Coach. Though it is too bad his marketing of supplements never got off the ground with his players.

Bottom line yes it is the players who have to execute. But the Coach has such an important impact on the game and I just don't see anything positive with this guy. These players love the game and they are going to do their best regardless of the coach - that's why kids like Morris et al are elite players. As much as English did to destroy my son's love of the game he couldn't do that - and that is the only thing we have to be thankful for in our experience with English.