Skip to main content

Reply to "Don English Does It Again"

A few responses to some of the posts:

Tychco - yes attendence zones dictate where you play for the public schools but to think that people don't move to certain districts in part due to athletic programs is naive. We moved to Coppell for a variety of reasons, including the CHS athletics. And Coppell has one of the better youth sports programs in the area.

Fielder's Choice - No 1 ranking was preseason before he did any coaching. The elite players on the team got to their level mostly because of their experience with select baseball, not what they got from playing for English.

Big Red - The people of Coppell can have an impact. There was a movement last year to take issues with English before the School Board but as I understand it was tabled for a year. And the issues aren't so much based on winning or losing but his overall lack of competence and inappropriate behavior.

Padre Padre - yes he gets a handsome salary. And don't forget the handsome annuity he receives for runing his summer youth baseball programs which produce many, many thousands of dollars.

To All - it is possible that English has again been born again based on some of the positive comments supporting him. But I have my serious doubts based on years of direct experience with the man.