Skip to main content

Reply to "Don’t bench the superintendent’s son"

Makes me sick.  Assuming the story paints an accurate picture, this guy was doing everything right with the program on and off the ice, going way above and beyond in both regards.  Those guys are so hard to find.  Administration caves to petty BS from parents (including school personnel) unhappy their kiddo's aren't playing as much as they would like.  I have seen this play out far too many times.  There's always more to the story but geez, make it work.  It always seems to go from "...doing an amazing job"  to "..we're not going to renew your contract" with no efforts to actually sit down and resolve any issues.

I'd sure like to see the Sup's letter about his son and hear what the other players would have say about it.  And now his poor son will probably have to suffer the consequences with the teammates.  Not an easy situation since the Sup is, at least in many ways, the boss of the principal and AD. 

I had to sit in too many board meetings and watch players have to come and speak on behalf of coaches in very similar situations.   Meanwhile, those coaches are rewarded with a mental beatdown for their significant time and efforts to make things better for the kids and the school.  Some administrations are more supportive of their coaches than others.