Skip to main content

Reply to "Don't, just don't say a doggone thing...."

nxt lvl posted:

I have had "that parent " moments also. Same scenario. My super fast son ran sub 4.5 40 times summer after freshman season at a football event for colleges. Later that month we go to a PG baseball event and get timed by them at 7.2 for the 60. I almost lost it. I kept saying the mantra. "No , dont say a thing. It will all work out in the end." He hit really well and was one of the hit leaders for the three games of the showcase. He hit better than all of the sophs and Jrs there. He got on the "Top Prospect" List and got multiple write ups from PG at that showcase.So it all worked out in the end.

But, man , that 60 time still haunted him all last year. He has run it at variuous other showcase events not PG and gotten some pretty good times. But the time posted on his profile page was killing him. He is a 2018 also.

Other players in our area,  that arent as fast as him, have made statements about his time on the PG profile page. He has spent all last year trying to convince me to go to a PG event and have it done over. It has not been in our schedule yet.  At this point I am no longer bothered by it. Although it still gets him a little bit.  I am so glad I resisted the urge to be ..."That parent".

Nxt Lvl,

Someone else mentioned that you can contact PG and they will remove faulty stats. I'll confirm that they do. My son was playing in the WWBA last summer in Georgia. Someone guest played from a lower age team with, of course, the same number as my son. The guest was pitching and didn't do good. My friend was watching stats online during the game. I spoke to the PG staff  while the game was going on that he'd gotten the players' names switched (which the head coach told me to do) and he said he'd fix it right away. Huh. He never did and so a couple months later it was still on there. I contacted the PG HQ via phone and they told me who to email. I did and explained the whole thing. They removed the crummy pitching stats from my son's profile within a day of that email. Thank goodness. Still stressful wondering who may have seen them during the months they were up. Someone could have seen that, crossed him off their LONG list, and went on to the next player. Glad PG fixed it.

TPM,

Yes, should we rename this thread "Confessions...."?? LOL! Love it! 

Confession #1....check.  I feel my head clearing. This is gonna be a great baseball season.