Skip to main content

Reply to "Don't Think?"

@Francis7 posted:

Dude.  Seriously?

Yes. It's my kid.

Positive or negative feedback...I am listening to them all, for self-education. And that only. It's interesting to hear everyone's opinion on it.

At the end of the day, my kid's decision is his decision on how to address it...as it should be in this case. He's 17, not ten. He doesn't need his father to tell him how or what he should be doing...he's the player, it's his game and not mine.

Now, I will say this...if what he decides is against popular opinion or conventional wisdom, and it's "the wrong answer" (etc.) what's going to happen? NOTHING because it can't get any worse. (Yes, the slump is that extreme.)

So, let him try it. And, if it fails, then he will have to reevaluate and come up with another plan.

For what it's worth, his travel coach recommended it. And, I'm not worried about rust. He's literally been practicing and playing almost everyday since April (between HS and travel).

Taking off 4 or 6 days in a row isn't going to make his muscle memory forget what he's been doing for the last 10 weeks. It's not like taking off a month or a year. You could sprain your ankle and have to sit for a week. This is no different.

Anyway...his problem and his right to pick a way to try and fix it. He's the player. It's his game. I was just making conversation out of curiosity here. Read nothing more into it.

Do nothing in order to solve a problem? Interesting strategy...