Skip to main content

Don't know what to do! UPDATED 3/19- Injury

Ever since 12 yo I have been good at baseball. I was on the "A Allstar Team"....My team went to New Mexico for the Connie Mack WS.....and I was Freshman MVP. There's only one problem: I don't feel the love for the game that I should and I don't want to try out just because I know I will make it, when there are kids that REALLY want it and don't make it because of me. The sport I have liked recently is Track and I know i could run outdoor....I just don't want to leave all my teammates behind in the dust and just give them the cold shoulder. I have been thinking about this for a couple months. Here's an example:

My dad has been asking me if I need any new equipment and when I was 12,13,14 I would be SOOOO excited but now I'm just like, "Nah not really" and I don't even care.

Has anyone had this experience and what did they do. I have a feeling I will start to love it again after a while into the Season but If im going to Quit i need to now.

Thanks in Advance
plp556

P.S. My team has a VERY good chance at winning States this year so I've been telling myself,"If you play this year, you can be part of something amazing".

UPDATE:
Ive bot good and bad news:

Good: I have found the love of the game that I thought I had lost.

Bad: During our 2nd scrimmage I broke my finger going into second and the ER doc said im out for 4 weeks and then some PT.

I am totally distraught because I STUMBLED running the bases and it's my fault this happened. I wasn't upset because of the pain on the drive to the hospital.....it was me knowing that I was the one who caused this and I was an idio. It's my junior year and my most important year. It was such a good hit (line drive over right feilder) I was finally showing the coach what I could do. I could have been a big impact on this team and now its over for a while. Has anyone had any experienc with this?

3/20- Just met with the orthopedic and he said 6 weeks in his opinion until I can swing a bat hard.....may be less
Last edited {1}
Original Post