Skip to main content

Reply to "Dormitory room facts"

No dorms here. It’s somewhat different at my son’s school. For some reason all the baseball players live off campus in different apartments. Some actually live in condos that their parents bought with the intent of selling after graduation. I guess if you have and extra 100K lying around it wouldn’t be a bad investment. These guys have it made! My son lives in and upscale apartment with two other players. I have to admit they do a good job with housekeeping and keeping their clothes clean. Now, it may be their feminine side that leads them to decorate their apartment walls but it’s their male hormones that influence their selection of pictures (or posters). Their personal rooms are dominated with baseball memorabilia like the picture of the “Babe” indicating his home run, to the pennants of their favorite baseball teams. I think most of these came with them when they left home as freshmen. The living room is a different story. Upon entering the living room your attention is immediately drawn to the foosball game and the shuffleboard table. You also notice playstation controllers strategically placed around the room with the TV being at the center. While wondering what type of education your son is really getting at college, your attention suddenly is drawn to the picture of the well endowed male squirrel on the wall. Then your eyes drift to the caption at the bottom of the picture . . . “Heloooo Ladies!” Roll EyesHey, whatever! I’m all for fun and games and you can express yourself in whatever manner you so desire. I really don’t have a big problem with this EXCEPT….Am I paying for all this??? Confused
Fungo