Skip to main content

Reply to "Dose of reality? Or is their hope?"

TPM posted:

I am with Coach May.

Baseball is a game of adjustments, if you are losing sleep over this now, I can't imagine how you will feel as he gets older.  

Maybe he isn't ready for playing on a team with better competition. If he is feeling pressure, you need to change the team. 13 year olds should not be down on themselves because they are struggling. 

At 13, your son should be HAVING FUN. Parents should be HAVING FUN. 

Sorry to get on your case, but what are you going to do when he gets to HS, or college and he goes 2 for 9? 

As coach says, no one cares what you did at 13.

He is not worried, he doesn't like how he is hitting, but he is having a lot of fun.  HA HA - great point, hopefully as he gets older, I get more relaxed.  I do not convey any of my worries on to him.  I always tell him great job, I am proud of you.  Thanks for easing a lot of my worries as well.  You are right - this is 13u and it means nothing.  It is funny because I am the complete opposite with my 9u.  Which makes sense, because at the end of each year for my 13u I realize this doesn't mean anything.  Most important is for him to have fun.  Which he is.  The coaches are happy with how he is performing right now as well and they tell him that.