Skip to main content

Reply to "draft and follow"

"Let's just say we disagree then."

OK

"You get your pick of 30 5th to 10th rounders and I'll take the 30 1st rounders. Then let's check 7 years down the road and see who has made the most money."

Not valid comparison. I didn't say all 1st rounders won't make it. I said the 1st rounders of lousy organizations are less likely to make it. Guarantee you I could have done a better job the last 10 years than the Brewers & Tigers have done particularly considering how high they've picked.

"Are you saying you would rather have your player go in the 5th-10th round to the Dodgers or Braves than the 1st round to the Brewerss?"

Yes. If a player gets $100,000 from a good organization & makes it to the Majors for any length of time, he'll make more than a guy like Kyle Peterson who signs with a lousy organization like the Brewers for $1 mill+ & is out of Baseball 5 years later.

"Also, jobs change with the wind in MLB. How many have the same staff they had 10 years ago?"

How is that relevant to the subject?

"I won't argue against some being better than the others, but even though not equal..."

Glad to see you've finally you conceded my point.
Last edited {1}