Skip to main content

Reply to "draft and follow"

voodoo...PGstaff..and bbscout...?

I'm enjoying the thread...and being a person who likes statistics...especially liked PG's last group of stats.

Let me throw this out?

Statistically speaking...let's say...

If a player goes in the lower rounds. And he heads off to a 4 year university. Puts up some good #'s or should I say really good #'s, and grows maturity wise and physcially and gains command on the mound - and lets say he's throwing low 90's (91-94) consistently with a couple of other really solid off speed pitches...

What might the odds be that he's increased his chances to be drafted higher by his junior year or by age 21?

Or what if he's throwing 89-91 now...is 6'1 and really has a few whiskers and his dad is 6"4...so he might grow...ya know...

I guess I ask this because my son was talking to a scout (who was with another person) and this scout was giving advice and and sharing infor...just a friendly conversation.

He mentioned something about "why would a MLB team want the guy tossing low 90's at 21 when he can take the high school player who was right behind that guy and so much younger and develop him."

How would someone really benefit from the Draft and Follow in this case...? Any thoughts...
Last edited {1}