Skip to main content

Reply to "draft and follow"

This topic caught my eye because I may have a good chance being a Draft and Follow. I'm going JC and I'm coming off Tommy John surgery very well! I'm not throwing 90 yet, but it's just a matter of time when I do. For the scouts I've talked to, it's worth it to them to Draft and Follow me because I'm going to a JC and I may come back really strong in the year they have the rights to me since I'm showing good signs of coming back really strong! I think if I signed D1 they wouldn't waste a draft pick on me and just wait until I'm 21 or my junior year! I think going JC really leaves your options open while playing college baseball but could sign at any time! That's probably the biggest reason why I'm going JC, so I can leave every option open since I don't know how I'll be throwing in a year!

Also, I was talking with a scout and he said most of the time scouts follow other scouts! He said he's seen when one scout leaves so will all the others becasue that scout probably is going to another baseball game to scout someone else! If I was a scout all I would do is find out who is the best scout around my area and be at every game he's at!! It would be really nice if there wasn't a draft. I think there are a lot of scouts out there that have know idea what they're doing and if you could sign them on the spot, it would really show you who could scout!!

Tallman