Skip to main content

Reply to "Draft and virus"

@PTWood posted:

@LeftyDadP9 and @baseballhs I've been thinking about your boys and hoping they landed well. I know there have been a lot of threads on draft vs. college in previous years and most land on college for tons of great reasons. I would love to hear people's thoughts on how/if the COVID reality (talent crunch in college, shortened draft, shrinking MiLB, insecure HS seasons, smaller athletic budgets) changes the college vs. draft decision. Or do the decision points essentially stay the same?

The draft is very far away, so my suggestion is to wait to see how things will be next spring.  In the meantime, everyone, HS and college players included, need to be diligent and work hard to be ready to play.

I think Bob has brought up a good point, and I know that before the draft last year there was some talk of having some type of combine, but it never came to be a reality.

Just heard that CUSA moved soccer and volleyball to the spring,  except football.

The virus will make the determination as to when things will get back to normal, unless a vaccine rolls out, which I doubt.  JMO

Last edited by TPM