Skip to main content

Reply to "Drinking on Official Visits"

I can tell you that maybe half of all juniors and seniors in HS do drink occasionally. Maybe it isn't legal, but it isn't like most athletes get hammered because we will get caught. What about people at a Catholic church offering little kids booze or at a nice dinner kids drink wine with their parents. In my opinion, the teenage life most of the time includes partying, drinking and other stuff. I think it is just something that teens do these days and it should be accepted. I wouldn't want to be thrown into a college party though because they chugg it like MD. Things can get crazy there. But if your son doesn't want to drink he shouldn't and doesn't have to. Most recruits need to understand that partying is a big part of college evenings and if they don't feel it's right then don't take part and talk to the coach about it or something. I know that most of you won't agree with anything that I said, but if everyone agreed, then life would suck. I'm just trying to tell the parents the facts and realities of older teenagers life.