Skip to main content

Reply to "Drinking on Official Visits"

These threads sometimes surprise me with some of the responses. By the time your son goes to college I would hope this has been talked about.Honestly most of the time its the kids whose parents are very strict and black and white that go off the deep end with drinking.

The teams will have parties at most schools your sons will attend.Alcohol will be there as many team members are 21.It is up to your son to be smart enough and strong enough to make good decisions.

Responsible drinking should be taught to kids these days so that When they face it they can make good choices.

I know some parents are adamantly aginst their sons drinking before they are 21,all I am saying is most do.These Freshmen that pledge to fraternities??? They drink.

Its not prima donnas only that drink.

I think parents need to be careful not to be so over the top,as many times those kids lie and drink behind their parents back.Trsut me on that.

Have an open dialogue and as Thrit says Trust your sons.If you have done a good job of talking and listening(meaning not just your opinons shoved down their throats) let kids be open and honest.

Youll learn a lot that way.And your son then has someone to talk to when and if something uncomfortable comes up.

Thats just my opinion.