Skip to main content

Reply to "E-mail inviting son to fill out prospect questionnaire: Routine or Something to get Excited About?"

I have a 2016.For the past 6 months or so using an average over that time he has somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.5 of these a week.He also received one from Oregon last fall.With my guy being a year younger my feeling (With mine) is that the schools are getting their ducks in a row with his class(2016).  Someone has been given the task of sending these kids a "we are having a good season.Hope you are too.Looking forward to possibly seeing you this summer.If not please fill out our questioner email"Yes I am sure there is some type of list involved.The questioneers that come here are typically sent by one of the aast. coaches.I could very well be completely wrong on this but I think its someone other than the coaching staff sending these out.They are sent in coaches name.Nothing wrong with that.Everybody contributes in different ways.At least our kids are on a list.How the list is built is probably a handful of ways.Someone saw them play,Possibly your summer team recomemded,HS coach,Theres more than just a couple of ways.As far as blanket unless they are asking you to come to their camp and spend money I don't think so.They are blanket in way that that I'm sure they go thru a 100 kids or better to find ones that will play for them.Now if 2015 went to their camp and stuck out in a positive way and then after a period of time received a questioner.I would look at that in a very positive way.Remember its a process.They saw 2015 up close and now they want to know more.Thats a good thing.For the grades if 2015 like to make his own decisions instead of others making them for him he should study up and get the best possible score on his SAT.Then refocus and buckle down on the grades.If not I'm sure he won't want to hear we loved to have you but we don't feel you are "student material for our school.Keep the grades up and 2015 can make a lot of the decisions himself.Have they asked for his summer schedule?If not I would attach it down past the SAT section where you can put videos or what ever.I'm sure some of the parents that have been thru the process will add some ideas.With it being a Friday nite and state tourneys getting going most people are not on the computer tonite.Wish 2015 the best of luck and hope he ends up going someplace that wants him.