Skip to main content

Reply to "Early Decision"

@Momball11 posted:

I think D1 recruiting trends are regional. I personally think it would be too early to give up on D1 as a pitcher, but I wouldn't hold out for it expecting something to happen. I would be hesitant to keep school X in the picture though if they've ghosted him. Has he directly asked them to confirm they are no longer interested?

They have not told him yet.   But, they haven't responded to any calls or text messages.   The head coach did respond to an email that my son sent, and all he said was the the pitching coach will be in contact with him going forward.    The impression that we have is that they were very impressed with my son, but had already offered a couple of other players.   I guess is that they told those players that they had to have an answer or they were moving on to offer my son, but both players committed.    I am under the assumption that they don't want to tell him that the game is over in case something happens, but for the most part I think that their silence is sending the message.