Skip to main content

Reply to "Early Visits"

TXdad2019 posted:
adbono posted:
TXdad2019 posted:
gunner34 posted:

some smaller Texas schools are offering,  a 2019 we know just verbally committed to a small school on the hill in Austin.  

Must be St. Edwards. Always wondered how much they offer because it's over $50k a year to attend school there. It's very nice though and good program.

It is nice and it is a good program. And its a good school and Austin is an awesome college town. But they also over-recruit and use athletics as a means to increase student population & revenue.  Take a look at the roster numbers.  Any school that has a JV baseball program is guilty of what I just said.  They also like to bring in proven Juco guys. It's a numbers game there so you better know what you are getting into. 

I am curious about schools with JV programs. One of the schools that invited my son on visit has a JV program. Curious on how that works. Do the programs with a JV put let's say Freshmen on it? Or I guess that would be questions the recruit would need to ask.

JV programs (for the most part) are primarily a vehicle that is used to recruit more players and generate more tuition revenue for the school.  That is my opinion based on what I have observed.