Skip to main content

Reply to "earned or unearned run"

quote:
Originally posted by Stats4Gnats:
If things were EXACTLY as you described them, the run would be UE. Everything would ride on the ball to right. Some scorers get right down to it and take into account the “wheels” of the runner who scored, and if he would have scored if he was still on 3rd.

Stats, This thread would have just faded off in the sunset if you had ended your first post with your first sentence. The wheels stuff had nothing to do with my situation, the ball to right was shallow and the runner was not trying score on the tag up, his intent was to draw the throw.

And then there's this quote from you.

That’s your definition of what a scorer s supposed to do, but it may not be mine or JMoff’s, and that’s where there’s a lot of leeway in what happens. There’s absolutely nothing I can think of that precludes a scorer from considering who the runners are. I wouldn’t do it, but then again, there are a few other scorers runnin’ around beside me.

This is an example of talking down to me. It was also improper for you to speak for JMoff.

I will openly admit here in front of you, God and everyone else on here that I am certain you are a superior scorekeeper in comparison to me. I do a good job and I want to do it right. I make mistakes and I am man enough to admit it when I do.

I guess I really didn't need to ask, I was confident in how I scored this. Later.
Last edited by OK Heat