Skip to main content

Reply to "East Coast Hot Dog Buns?"

Don't know about Maryland, but the Virginia sweet corn BEATS Iowa sweet corn (that I've had) any day. And the fields and fields of corn in Iowa are field corn (cattle corn) and the beans are soybeans (other cattle feed). I have relatives in Iowa and we had corn, corn, and more corn while there, and I don't know what type - my Uncle would have said that's it's sweet corn (with implications of you're stupid for asking). We have been eating a variety that is called "Frosty" this summer from the local farm stand and it was the BEST sweet corn that I have ever had. It is much better than Silver Queen.
Now for Hot Dog rolls - don't know about that New England stuff, but we are hooked on Martin's Potato Rolls and it HAS to be Martin's. They also make them for hamburgers and for dinner rolls and they make Potato Bread. I personally chewed someone out at work because they brought in dogs and "Potato Rolls" that were some other brand. People jumped on me because they were like "come on he brought them in as a gift". Well, several months later the same guy told me, "Man, you were right. Those Martin's Potato Rolls are the only ones I'll buy from now on." So - It's Martin's Potato Rolls in my book.

Tim Robertson