Skip to main content

Reply to "East Cobb"

Yes that is a good idea.

Coach Merc,

The 17U is the biggest turnout of scouts, but the 18U is not really that far behind. I would say most college coaches attend both. There are just as many professional scouts at the 18U, maybe even more. The talent level is about the same and many of the top 17s play in the 18U. The 16U has grown a lot, but still not the number of scouts and recruiters as either 17 or 18.

One thing to remember is that the 18U always has a large number of players who were drafted a month earlier. This makes it an automatic draw for the pro scouts. There are even a couple teams that are sponsored by MLB clubs and comprised of their recent draft picks along with other talented players. Also many of the top 17U teams play in both tournaments and some only play in the 18U. BTW, both tournaments are full every year and hundreds of teams who want in, we have no room for. Just thought I would add that in case anyone thought I was promoting one over the other. They're both real good with lots of scouts and recruiters. Lots of top 17U players in both, but more in the 17U because there are no 18 year olds or draft picks in that one.