Skip to main content

Reply to "ECPL teams"

The ECPL was born out of frustration, not out of the CEBC or anything other than that. To be truthful it was Dan Bleiwas from the OBJ that orginated the concept and chose the name (I personally don't like it, it does not ring of the tongue very well), but Dan wanted to start another league to pressure the OBA to concede to his wishes for Niagara to be a quasi-OBJ team. Whatever reason, it can be said that PBLO is a Tier One program and ECPL a Tier Two, and there may be some validity to that - PBLO Stud vs. ECL Stud - but I can say without a shadow of a doubt the ECPL has more to offer its members than the PBLO does. The PBLO is a collection of teams playing exhibition games really just waiting for the US High School ball to be finished so they can travel. The ECPL offer three College Showcases, League Stats, Standings, Balanced Scheds, Central Scouting Reports, Webcasting of tournaments, League Championships and Cross Border US games for league play...all for $10.00 per player!!! PBLO teams are now infighting for players and the player no has to fork out $10++ to be on the Haves, versus the Have Nots. The ECPL is slowly building, we have a mission, a plan and the will to see it through. BTW - I am the Commish for the ECPL, so I am a little biased, yeah.