Skip to main content

Reply to "Effect of P5 football changes"

@PABaseball posted:

The reasoning is all you need to know about decision makers doing what they think sounds right and not what makes sense. 

Penn State can't take a bus ride play Pitt (130 miles) because it's not safe? But they can hop on a plane and fly 1100 miles to Nebraska? 

If the virus is so bad why are they allowed to play conference opponents? Or is it not deadly enough for schools to keep making money? This is the problem and why so many people are skeptical of what they see and read from the media. Virus deadly when it makes sense, virus not deadly when it can be worked around. I don't care which side you're on but the hypocrisy is absolutely unreal in either direction. 

I'm not confident there will be football and it's possible it will be because of a virus that has a 99.9% recovery rate - if you even get it. Imagine somebody telling you that last year. 

I saw this on twitter:  Virus is only contagious during non conference football games.  

You are exactly right. No large gatherings, unless you are protesting, then it is ok.  The messages have been inconsistent from the start.  Generally, it has mostly been political and a lot of the public can see through that.