Skip to main content

Reply to "ejected for being right?????"

quote:
I would refer to rule 6.03
The batter's legal position shall be with both feet within the batter's box.
APPROVED RULING: The lines defining the box are within the batter's box.

I would be hard pressed that anyone in this league could produce in black and white a league rule that say's "the batter may stand outside the box". I could be wrong, but..ask to see a copy..and please share it here.. I'll be the first to write my and your congressmen ;')

So ARDE69, next time, just request to protest this misapplication of the rules and let your "protest board" figure it out, and play on.

When it's obvious your not gonna change an umpires opinion, it's time to move on..period. No matter how right you might be it ain't gonna work on the field.
Your rule cite looks to be FED: but it's
absolutely right for any other discipline I've ever heard of.. Being within (including on) the lines governs only the batters taking their position in the box.

Hitting a ball is governed by
6.06 A batter is out for illegal action when—
(a) He hits a ball with one or both feet on the ground entirely outside the batter’s box.
Rule 6.06(a) Comment: If a batter hits a ball fair or foul while out of the batter’s box, he shall be called out. Umpires should pay particular attention to the position of the batter’s feet if he attempts to hit the ball while he is being intentionally passed. A batter cannot jump or step out of the batter’s box and hit the ball.