Skip to main content

Reply to "elbow issue - ulnar nerve subluxation......."

quote:
Originally posted by 20dad:
my son had tj in 06. his nerve was moved for the surgery but not rerouted. this is the reason for a bit of numbness in the ring and pinky finger.

i'm sure every day brings forth new tweaks to these surgery's.

This is my understanding why the nerve is rerouted away from the groove in the elbow where it normally sits. This is also why ML players who had older TJS are having nerve transposition, to correct tingling and numbness amd elbow pain, caused by the ulnar nerve.

Son did not have ulnar ligament (TJS) replacement, where did I mention that? I said he had nerve transposition, as he had the beginning of cubital tunnel syndrome. Yes, the nerve can be damaged, so make sure you know whose moving your nerve. But this is a relatively simple procedure and new procedure in arthoscopic surgery.

I will say it again, asked doc if the repositioning of that nerve was safe, two docs told him it's done in all of their TJS, to avoid issues later on (see above post by 20dad whose son had TJS).

Just don't say I am wrong because you feel you need to embarrass me, that link was back in 2009, bet there's been more advances since then.
Last edited by TPM