Skip to main content

Reply to "Elbow Issues Advice"

Take this for what it's worth. Son had elbow pain some days and no pain other days. At the time he was in Middle School. I carried him to Dr. Andrews and after an MRI it was discovered that he had a very small piece of chipped cartilage that was floating in his elbow. He had his elbow scoped and the chip removed and has had no further issues...now to the point. After four weeks of doing nothing he started Rehab at Andrews Institute and did this over a six week period and after every session (twice a week) they put his arm in a sleeve attached to what I am sure was an extremely expensive machine that essentially iced his arm. He was on the machine for I believe 20-25 minutes and he was actually in pain for several minutes each time they started on this icing process due to the extreme cold. So 2 1/2 months after having it scoped, they were still using "ice"! He never experienced any pain or swelling after being scoped or after physical therapy yet they "iced" after every session and told him to use ice if he ever experienced pain or discomfort after throwing. He has been back to Andrews late last year with a pulled muscle in his back on his non-throwing shoulder. The doctor did a little acupuncture on the area (problem was due to posture) and sent him home and told him to stretch and ice the area! I guess we are going to continue to ice until someone with better credentials comes along and says to stop!