Skip to main content

Reply to "Elbow pain and stop playing"

The x-ray is virtually required by the insurance companies before allowing any other type of imaging. 2nd opinions are almost always a good idea. My son went to see the surgeon who is currently probably the most popular for the pro's out here on the west coast. He was fairly useless in my son's case. He went to a second doctor who came up with a conservative treatment program that helped some. In the end, surgery would've been required to give him a chance to pitch again with not that great of a chance of success so he gave up on pitching.

1 to 2 curves a batter doesn't seem totally out of bounds especially for a soft tossing lefty.

It is interesting that there would be some indication of UCL problems at that velocity. I guess curves may contribute to elbow soreness.

I agree that the best course would be to take most or all of the summer off. I also realize that it is difficult for parents and kids to get themselves to do it.

BTW, I can remember my son being told that one should play long toss the day after soreness from pitching - because that's what Dice-K did.
Last edited by CADad