Skip to main content

Reply to "Elbow Problems"

quote:
Originally posted by scissorbill:
I agree it should be treated seriously,but what does that mean? How do you treat it? Right now he is not throwing with the pitchers just doing the normal posistion player work. Someone suggested cross tendon massage. I do know this that when he lays his arm on the table he can't extend it to a full 180 he is that tight short or whatever.As I said he really tries to stretch well but we are running out of options I guess,it just seems there would be something that we could do to remedy this,but maybe not. also I now live in Minnesota.Thanks.

Besides overuse, pitchers poor mechanics probably contribute also.
First time was going up to the field practicing a knuckleball someone "taught" him, then using it throughout travel summer. Shut down for two months, PT and a rehab pitching program.
Second time, one bad ankle sprain in february and one in july. Shot of cortinson and shut down, PT, conditioning excercises, correction in mechanics and then slow rehab innings.

I agree with Bear's OMG, this is a common occurance for adults Frown( I think my whole body has tendinitous).

In the case of a pitcher, often treatment is just bandaid in nature, and pitcher continues to pitch, which can lead to greater problems later on.

If your son has an issue for more than a week about anything, see a doctor.
Last edited by TPM