Skip to main content

Reply to "Elephant in the room"

@RossGA posted:

We way too over-indexed on fear.  Fauci has been wrong almost every step of the way.  COVID is not going anywhere.  If you are at risk stay home, if not go back to your life.  We need herd immunity, lot's of data masks do or don't work.  Let these kids pursue their dreams very selfish for an older person to put unnecessary restrictions on them.  ALL schools / universities should be open in the Fall.  Stop watching the news.

RossGA, I will sign on when you show me the plan that keeps young people from encountering older folks (and those merely vulnerable, of whom their are many) in grocery and drug stores, doctor's and dentist's offices, in their homes, and other places.  Not to mention the college staff and faculty who will have to interact with them.  Young people (who are getting severely ill in some cases, too) live in the same society as the rest of us.

It's also noteworthy that medical personnel for college and professional sports teams are not taking the position that infections among those young, healthy populations aren't serious.  I ran across this tweet today from a sports columnist in Toledo:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DBr.../1276630756740272135