Skip to main content

Reply to "Elephant in the room"

Hi Arceku21, can I offer a more positive spin on what you have said?

I am not troubled by the fact that leaders keep changing what they say.  No-one knew anything about this virus, and the situation keeps changing.  I would be more worried if they all kept saying the same thing over and over.  The political stuff is troubling, but if elected leaders who formerly did not push masks now do so, I say, good for them.  I am heartened that intelligent people can take new information and admit that they are changing their minds.  It makes me think that they really do want to do what is best for the people they serve.

Every day there is new science; I am encouraged that so many scientists, around the world, are working night and day on this problem.  We haven't seen anything like it before.

I am distressed by young people acting like idiots, but I'm not a young person.  My children are not as isolated as they could be.  I get it; they genuinely don't think there is much risk for them.  Most don't have much to look forward to in the near future.  I don't know what else we can do for them.  Secretly, everyone wants to get the virus, have it asymptomatically, and recover, because they they won't have to worry any more.

I think that this virus was an opportunity to unite the country, and now people are saying it didn't happen.  I am encouraged that polls show that most people do agree about certain things, regardless of what politicians and the media promote.  I blame the media on all sides, as well as social media.  However, I think that most people, now, are starting to wise up about just how much the media, and social media, are dividing the country.  Maybe we will decide that we can do without some of it. 

Not HSBBW, though!