Skip to main content

Reply to "Elephant in the room"

@edcoach posted:

Less than 5% of any publications are right of center if not less

There are so many news sources I doubt 5% is true. But a noticeable number of mainstream sources are left than right.

To prove it to a friend I took the lead newspapaer in every major city. I went through their presidential endorsement for the past fifty years. The endorsements were about 75% Democrat. The year Reagan swamped Mondale 49-1 in states two thirds endorsed Mondale.

I consider myself I reasonably rational right leaning libertarian. I’ll see right wing articles that make me cringe. But I believe the reason the left believes the media is relatively unbiased is being told what they prefer to hear.

The Boston Globe has twelve liberal columnists and one on the moderate right. The paper is so excessively left it’s repulsive. I can get the same news and views from Slate, Salon and Vox. The Globe and it’s readers look down their noses at the Herald. The Herald has six columns from the left and six from the right. All the left points at for an example of the Herald is Howie Carr who can be a lunatic.

Left leaning New York Times readers believe a David Brooks is a conservative. 

Last edited by RJM