Skip to main content

Reply to "Elephant in the room"

@RJM posted:

Back to my point — people will go out and spend money if and when they feel safe. Making us feel that way needs to be our priority.

So, let’s open up. Those who feel safe can go where they want to go. Those who don’t feel safe can stay home until they feel safe. It’s freedom of choice. 

I don’t understand the “you’re going to infect others if you go out” attitude. The only people that might infect me, or vice versus are those who are out because they accept the risk. Those telling us not to go out aren’t out. 

I’ve now dined out twenty three times (eighteen lunch/five dinner) times since 6/1. I’ve been in Home Depot four times. The only time I’ve been remotely concerned was this last weekend when a person spit on me for having a Blue Lives Matter sticker on my bike. From a health standpoint I’m not losing any sleep a person spit on me.

On this site we talk a lot about be concerned about what you can control. If anyone is afraid to go out it can be controlled by not going out. Just don’t try to control me.

I’m up front with my friends on where I’ve been. Even my friends who were paranoid from March to May have had enough. When I’m in the grocery store I make an effort to stay six feet away from everyone. 

Here's the point, many businesses can't afford to open up and have no one come shop. Your option is we can all do what we want and if people don't feel comfortable, they don't have to go. Too bad there's not enough of you to actually keep businesses alive.