Skip to main content

Reply to "Elephant in the room"

@TPM posted:

I don't do my shopping on Amazon. I try to support local businesses.  Here you can order online and they bring it to your car.   But right now we don't spend much except at the grocery store. Iowamom23 is correct about people struggling.  

TerribleBPthrower,  your county had less opening guidelines than where I live. Very strict and they never reached full capacity in restaurants. Smaller restaurants not chains closed. The more exclusive malls have been busy. Probably not after this weekend.

This has nothing to do with my county. I’ve been home for 2 days in the past 2 weeks. I was referring to the different stores and restaurants we visited between here and GA. *edit* I forgot that 4 of those days were in MA. If you think Broward is strict you should see how life is up there.  The malls I referenced were in Palm Beach over a month ago. Palm Beach is also much more strict than Martin  

Again, Iowamom said people weren’t spending money on retail because they don’t feel safe. Yes, there are a lot of people who don’t have money to spend. No argument there. Mom and pop and big box retail was in trouble long before this crises. 

Last edited by TerribleBPthrower