Skip to main content

Reply to "Elephant in the room"

That's surprising given some of their other restrictions, but NH has one of the lowest counts in the country doesn't it? Are the local school districts requiring it? 

For our local district, they are not 'requiring' it, as they don't want to have to deal with the discipline issues it will cause. 

We have around 1/4 of kids opting out of online education, so my wife will have relatively small classes with live streaming.  She gets no additional time to work on that, and nobody really knows exactly how it will work.  What is interesting is that our state already has public online education that was set up by a University.  Parents can opt to do that as well, and I know ones who are.   Those teachers get paid less than classroom teachers (I know a few of them as well).  My kids are looking forward to HS, and will go.  TBH, from anecdotal discussions with different HS aged kids, I'd be willing to bet 1/4 or more of them already had it this summer when they ignored social distancing and hung out together.  Most of the ones who tested positive didn't even know they had it.