Skip to main content

Reply to "Elephant in the room"

@cabbagedad posted:

RR, yeah, I am very aware of the set of guidelines put out by the WH back then.  Those guidelines, outlined by the experts we speak of, actually largely made sense and still do (aside from lacking execution detail and putting too much of the burden of this national/global pandemic on underfunded states and local city/county agencies).  There was even a very brief moment when Trump at least pretended to support those guidelines that his own administration put out. 

Unfortunately, that lasted about two seconds before he started defying his own directives at every turn and encouraging others to do the same and/or just going into hiding for long periods of time or just saying "I'm doing great!".    

So, we are left with individual cities, counties, states scrambling to execute on the plan with anywhere from majorly mixed signals to complete silence to complete defiance of the directives from the top.  Major $hitstorm when we need to be pulled/pulling together.  Again, an extremely difficult situation... I see many leaders from both parties doing an admirable job (and many, not so much) and stepping up to make tough decisions, make things happen, etc., like the story that Viking shared.  I just can't imagine the possibility of #1 doing a worse job.

I'll repeat my disclaimer - I am not a Dem or Republican and have voted for roughly the same number of prez nominees from each party over the years.  I truly wish, for myself and my many Republican friends, that more/any would stand up and demand a better leader to represent the conservative base.  Those who decide to take this as an opportunity to counter with Biden jabs are completely missing the point.  I'm hungry for a strong leader who will stand for ALL Americans and happy to see it come from either party.

Of course, we're still not getting anywhere here so I'm gonna try to step out again... just wanted to respond to  your post.

Thank you. I would like to see our president giving frequent reminders of his guidelines, however, I do not blame him for those that ignore the policies. 

Last edited by RoadRunner